Maman (1999) is a bronze, stainless steel, and marble sculpture by the artist Louise Bourgeois. The sculpture, which depicts a spider, is among the world's largest, measuring over 30 ft high and over 33 ft wide (927 x 891 x 1024 cm). It includes a sac containing 32 marble eggs and its abdomen and thorax are made of ribbed bronze.
Maman is a monumental steel spider, so large that it can only be installed out of doors, or inside a building of industrial scale. Supported on eight slender, knobbly legs, its body is suspended high above the ground, allowing the viewer to walk around and underneath it. Each ribbed leg ending in a sharp-tipped point is made of two pieces of steel and attached to a collar above which an irregularly ribbed spiraling body rises, balanced by a similar-sized egg sac below. The meshed sac contains seventeen white and grey marble eggs that hang above the viewer’s head, gleaming in the darkness of their under-body cavity. If you like the Maman spider statue, please feel free to consult us.
A. Strong wooden cases-Special for life size sculptures, small items
B. Iron box- Special for large sculptures
C. Covered non-fumigation box- Special for small statues, urgent situation by air or door to door packages.
1. World leading brand for sculptures designs, create and manufacturer
2. Free 3D/ CAD drawing service
3. Manufacturer directly competitive price
4. Art level details and artwork
5. Quality guarantee life time each scuptures
6. Strong wooden cases
7. Door to door delivery
8. Professional after sale services
9. Professional engineer team can guide to install in your country site.